This writing for the web workshop will help you become a better, more confident writer – whether it’s for your website, intranet, email marketing, e-newsletter or social media platforms.
The course covers:
- how and why people read differently online
- crafting short sentences
- writing in plain English
- headlines that work for both search engines and users
- creating persuasive intros
- formatting copy – from bullet points to subheads
- writing links (and why “click here” links are a mistake)
- how to structure copy
- search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
Webinar in May
I’m running a public webinar across two half days (9.30am to 12.30pm AEST) on 18 and 19 May.
Only six spots are available to make sure everyone can become involved (this is a hands-on course where everyone can participate, ask questions and receive feedback).
A writing for the web course customised for you
I can create a workshop that’s tailored to your organisation’s needs – from covering the specific topics you need right through to basing exercises and examples con your content if you choose.
The course can run online over Zoom (or any other platform if you prefer) or in person anywhere in New Zealand.
Most workshops run for a day, but half-day and two-day courses are also popular.