Learn how to make your business writing effective. Taught by a former Sydney Morning Herald editor and journalist with business writing experience, this online course teaches the skills and techniques you need to craft effective messages. Topics include:
- writing with the audience in mind
- planning – and clarifying – your writing
- using the right tone and style
- the importance of using plain English to write professionally
- how to write short, sharp and snappy sentences
- writing in the active voice (and knowing when to use the passive)
- using positive phrasing
- formatting copy to make it easier to read
- writing in the inverted pyramid style
- structuring and frontloading content
- showing, not telling – except when you need to tell
- how to deliver bad news
- tips on writing different kinds of content, including business emails, letters, reports, briefs, tenders and grants
- using the power of three to make your writing more persuasive
- style guides
- grammar and punctuation tips
- writing great headlines.
It costs US$120.
A business writing course tailored for you and your staff
I also provide writing training to a wide range of organisations – from large government departments and corporations to universities and publishers.
These courses can be taught on your premises in New Zealand or as a webinar.
I can customise this course to suit your content (right down to creating exercises and examples based on your copy).
These workshops usually run for a full day, but half-day sessions can also be organised.