Help your staff improve their editing and proofreading skills.
This hands-on practical course covers:
- editing sentences and paragraphs for readability
- connecting paragraphs
- structuring news stories, features and corporate copy
- writing headlines and captions that work across print and online
- proofreading marks and symbols
- cutting copy
- proofreading tips and tricks
- grammatical and punctuation rules an editor needs to know
- editing copy for search engine optimisation (SEO).
Who am I?
I am a former Sydney Morning Herald editor with over 20 years of experience across print and online.
I’ve been teaching sub-editing and proofreading for over 10 years – first at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) and the Australian Centre for Independent Journalism (ACIJ) and then through my own business, where I focus on providing staff training for a wide range of organisations.
Who can benefit from an editing and proofreading course?
- Communications, public relations and marketing professionals.
- Employees who contribute to websites and publications.
- Journalists, editors, sub-editors and bloggers.
An editing course that comes to you
I can provide this course on your premises anywhere in New Zealand.
It usually runs for two days, but shorter and longer courses can be customised for you.