Help your staff improve their editing and proofreading skills.
This hands-on practical course covers:
- editing sentences and paragraphs for readability
- connecting paragraphs
- structuring news stories, features and corporate copy
- writing headlines and captions that work across print and online
- proofreading marks and symbols
- cutting copy
- proofreading tips and tricks
- grammatical and punctuation rules an editor needs to know
- editing copy for search engine optimisation (SEO).
Who am I?
I am a former Sydney Morning Herald editor with over 20 years of experience across print and online.
I’ve been teaching sub-editing and proofreading for over 10 years – first at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) and the Australian Centre for Independent Journalism (ACIJ) and then through my own business, where I focus on providing staff training for a wide range of organisations.
Who can benefit from an editing and proofreading course?
- Communications, public relations and marketing professionals.
- Employees who contribute to websites and publications.
- Journalists, editors, sub-editors and bloggers.
An editing course that comes to you
I can provide this course on your premises anywhere in New Zealand.
It usually runs for two days, but shorter and longer courses can be customised for you. Contact me using the form below and we can discuss your requirements.