I provide writing training to a wide range of organisations – from large government departments and corporations to universities and publishers.
These courses are taught on your premises and cover the skills and techniques needed to craft effective messages. Topics include:
- setting the right tone for your audience
- focusing on – and clarifying – your core message
- writing snappy sentences
- the secrets behind effective headlines and intros
- planning and structuring copy
- formatting tips to improve readability
- writing in plain English – even when dealing with technical or complex information
- proofreading techniques
- grammatical tips that every writer needs to know.
A writing course tailored for you
I can customise this course to suit your content (right down to creating exercises and examples based on your copy).
Depending on your needs, this writing course can cover areas such as:
- feature writing
- business writing
- media writing
- internal communication
- report writing
- technical writing.
Staff training delivered anywhere in New Zealand
I like a good excuse to travel – and so I’m happy to come to you.
My workshops can run for half a day, a full day or several days, depending on your needs. Email me using the form below and we can discuss your situation.